If you are in the mood for some chocolatey goodness, you're in the right place. I found this recipe on Lovin' From the Oven which, by the way, has tons of amazing desserts if you happen to have a sweet tooth like Zach and me.
We major-league underbaked ours (on purpose) and reduced the original recipe's flour content, which is how they derived the 'ooey gooey' part of their name. We are total melt-in-your-mouth kind of people and prefer our desserts fudgey rather than cakey, so these were perfect.
Ingredients:2/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 stick butter (melted)
1 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8"x8" pan.
- Cream together the melted butter and sugar. Add the egg, vanilla and salt and stir again.
- Gradually mix in the flour until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into greased pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
We made these last night as a late night treat and they were yummy right out of the pan, but would have been difficult to cut and transport anywhere else. Today, however, they have set and are easy to cut but still have their gooey centers. Lord, please make these bars magically disappear out of our kitchen before either of us gets yet another cavity.
I lied Lord. Totally worth the toothache.
Above is fresh out of the oven, below is the morning-after. Delightfully sinful either way.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Hump Day!