BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Thursday, November 3, 2011

7UP Biscuits

We have wanted to make these biscuits for quite some time now and finally got around to it yesterday. For some unknown reason, ours came out nothing like the pictures on Plain Chicken where we found the recipe. Luckily, God was watching over our kitchen and somehow miraculously turned our could-have-been-a-flop biscuits into Red Lobster biscuits. Seriously, we're talking miracle here people. They taste just like Red Lobster's minus the cheese! The dough just didn't form like it should have; it was much too sticky and hard to work with. Being the Pillsbury lovers we are, this was our first time making homemade biscuits so we're just counting our lucky stars we didn't burn the apartment complex down. All this to say, these will turn out yummy one way or another. You can't go wrong! (we're proof.) 
 
Ingredients:
2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-up
1/4 cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 450.
Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-Up. Makes a very soft dough.

Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board or table and pat dough out. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan. Place cut biscuits in pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Just look at that golden underbelly. Oh my butter-loving goodness.
Zach spread honey cinnamon butter and drizzled honey all over his. It was amazing. As he took the last bite of his sugary concoction he said "I hope you didn't want any more...". Even if I did (and so what if I did?), that's what I like to hear.

Hope everyone's having a fabulous week!

2 comments:

  1. ohmygoodness, I almost licked the screen. These look amazing. Thanks for sharing this, I bet my family would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is required to get set up? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I'm not very web savvy so I'm not 100% positive. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Appreciate it

    my site :: cash advance va

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!