BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Easy DIY Cards

Today, January 11th, is National Thank You Day! I'm proud to provide the one completely random thing you learned today.

In honor of National Thank You Day, I want to share a really simple way to show appreciation for all those special people in your life. You don't have to spend a lot on cards or do something extravagant; it's the thought that counts after all.

A few nights ago, Zach and I were in Michaels when I spotted this super cute craft paper for $1. One dollar! I didn't have a purpose for it in mind; just caught my eye and knew we could put it to good use.

Kept walking down the aisles and BOOM. Ran into these adorable stamp sets for...wait for it....$1 each! I've been big into stamping for the past couple years; it's such a fun way to personalize things that has kind of become a lost art. Let's bring it back, shall we?
proof of our stamping love below...petal cones we made and stamped for our wedding send-off back in June (photos by In Bloom Photography)
 and hand-stamped bags for the candy bar at our wedding
Back to the successful Michaels trip...Not sure how we'll use this one yet, but it was $1 too (and I'm a big Sinatra fan) so it ended up in the basket.
These literally took seconds to make. I debated doing a little something more to each card, but in the end loved the simplicity of it. I took each sheet and folded it in half. The paper is thicker than printer paper; it's more like cardstock. A quick "hello sun shine" on the front...
Stuck a "thanks so much" at the top and a "love you" at the bottom and viola! That's all she wrote. Literally.
These are also the perfect size to fit inside a regular long envelope (4 1/8" x 9 1/2"). Slap a stamp on and you're ready to go!

Hope you're having a wonderful week! Be sure and thank those special people in your life today, with or without a card. You will certainly make their day.

10 comments:

  1. Super cute! And your handwriting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way cute!! i need to show some appreciation more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! and who can resist a great bargain!! thank YOU! for sharing all your wonderful creations and inspiring great things.
    and, thank you so much for your sweet words on my last post.
    have a happy wednesday, brittany!
    <3
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I love this! so cute! I love your handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a great project!! i love cheap fantastic finds at michaels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! GREAT idea!! I love stamping & scrapbooking. Just wish I coudl find the time now to do atleast one of them. Love this idea about using craft paper this way. Pamela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!