BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Cinco de Mayo Sombrero Cookies

Growing up in Texas, Cinco de Mayo has always been celebrated at large. I'm a sucker for any holiday with crazy bright colors & an excuse to eat Lupe Tortilla's! :)

Bear & I are attending a Cinco de Mayo party on Monday and I wanted to throw together a quick treat to take. I've been extremely lazy in the baking department lately, though I blame it on the fact that Bear is always at my heels and I'm so afraid he's going to come in contact with the oven. Anyone else have this fear?

I saw these sombrero cookies & decided to whip up our own version. They are so easy to make & perfectly festive for a Cinco de Mayo celebration!

You'll need:
-sprinkles
-1 can of frosting
-Dots
-store bought cookies (sugar or snickerdoodle probably look best)

Start by emptying a large amount of sprinkles into a plate or dish.

Take your frosting and heat it in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Not too long, as you don't want it too runny to stay on the cookies. You just want it warm enough that it's easy to work with. Put a few spoonfuls in a Ziploc and cut a small hole at the end for piping.

Add a thin line of frosting (this one was a little too thick!) around the edge of the cookie.

Dip the cookie in sprinkles. A sprinkle bath sounds nice, huh?

Add a small dot of frosting in the center of the cookie.

Place a Dot on top and add a few sprinkles in the icing that shows around it.

All done, amigas!
 
We're ready to fiesta like there's no manana!
Okay, not really. We're going to the beach manana and we're really excited about it. But come Monday, we'll be ready to fiesta!

Have a great weekend! Adios! :)
 

5 comments:

  1. Now that's looks so good AND looks easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies are so cute!! And totally easy to make!
    I'm the same way with the oven, I get so paranoid about little fingers getting burned! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, these are so cute!!! I love them!!! So simple to, I might have to make them when I get home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am in love with these!! i'm going to have to try these next year! pips will LOVE them, no doubt! ;) i love how colorful they are!!
    happy cinco de mayo!! have lots of fun today!!
    xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!