BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Bite-Size Baked Potatoes

Zach has a really charming love for all things teensy. It makes me smile. He even refers to me as Tiny. "Tiny, come watch this movie with me!" "Will you make me a sandwich please, Tiny?" "I love you, Tiny". I guess it's better than Large, right? No movies would be watched and definitely no sandwiches would be made.

Because of his tiny obsession, I wasn't surprised when he decided he wanted to make a bite-sized meal last night. Believe it or not, you can still get really full off bite-sized food. There's nothing that different about eating eight itty bitty potatoes rather than one normal size one. Except, BIG except, these are eight thousand times cuter. And more fun. And buttery. And melt-in-your-mouth-y. You don't even need a fork, really. Just pick 'er up, pop her in your mouth, close your eyes and enjoy the moment. Kind of like the Dove Chocolate commercials. My moment, my potato. You know the drill.

My chef-of-a-husband made this up as he went, and they turned out perfectly. I wouldn't change a thing about them. Luckily for you guys I stalked his every move just to share with all of you. I got salt in my eyes, was almost tripped over four different times, and somehow ended up with butter, a lot of butter, in my hair. You're welcome.

What you'll need:
12 baby yellow potatoes
2 tablespoons butter

1 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup bacon bits

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400. In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and olive oil. Wash potatoes in sink and roll 2 or 3 at a time in butter/oil mixture. Place potatoes on a cookie sheet (with an edge! this is critical. if no edge, the oil will run off and explode your oven. okay maybe not, but there's always that small chance we'd like to avoid). Once all potatoes have received a bath, pour remaining butter/oil mixture over potatoes on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a fork goes in easily and potatoes are soft. Remove from oven, slice open with a fork, and fill with butter, cheese, and bacon bits. Add sour cream and chives too if you'd like. Enjoy!


Sharing at these great parties:
Sweet Indulgences Sunday
Totally Tasty Tuesdays
Days of Chalk and Chocolate

8 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to try this this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! This would be fun for a party food too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so delicious and cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow looks good<'''???i'll try to do it but i'm not sure about the result! ahahahah happy Christmas holydays!
    hi, i'm doing a christmas giveaway, it would be great if you'll like to partecipate!! Elisa’s blog
    http://www.theivenothingtowearcloset.com/2011/11/christmas-giveawayfendi.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Owww yummy in my tummy! How exactly did you manage to get so dirty in the process of these being made -- wait, maybe I don't want to know. haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute and a perfect appetizer for a party :) Now following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! They're perfect for a side dish or an appetizer. I love them. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!