BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Quick & Easy Banana Bread

 A few weeks ago my friend Ada over at Elegance Personified asked me to guest post so I shared this recipe; I'd hate for you all to feel left out so I'm sharing it here, too :).
 

This is seriously the easiest, yummiest banana bread you'll ever eat. We didn't have any nuts at the time so I left them out, but you can always throw some in if you choose. Chocolate chips would be a great add-in, too.
 
The crust is the best part! It's crispy in a sugary sort of way and is the perfect compliment to the moist center of the bread.
 
This is our favorite breakfast treat; Zach loves taking a few slices to work and sharing with co-workers. An added bonus is that the recipe makes two loaves so you can always freeze one and save it for a rainy (hungry!) day. We've found the bread's just as good after freezing and is great for pulling out when you have company but don't feel like getting up early and making anything for breakfast. Pretty much the perfect excuse to eat cake (disguised as bread) for breakfast.
 
 
You'll need:
1 stick butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. vanilla
3 bananas, mashed
 
 
Directions:
Cream butter and sugar together then add eggs. Mix dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed bananas to the creamed mixture. Add vanilla. Bake in 2 loaf pans at 350 F for 30 minutes.
Enjoy!
(recipe from Fourth & Elm Church of Christ Family Favorites cookbook)

 
Happy baking!
 
 
p.s. Thank you for your movie tips on the previous post; think we're gonna watch Safe Haven. Fingers crossed little Bear finds it boring and decides to nap!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Banana bread is one of my favourite breads to bake and this recipe looks so simple indeed! Thanks for sharing xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yummy Goodness, I LOVE LOVE Bannana bread and lucky me we have 3 bananna's on the kitchen counter now. I think I know what I'm making for dessert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Banana Bread! I have never made any though, I'll have to try this. Ahh you made me hungry! Let me know how B does during the movie, I think we are going to see Identity Thief this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You find the best recipes!!!!! I want to try this!! Ok loved safe haven! Darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yum!! banana bread is so so good. seriously, everything you bake looks incredible, brittany!! i want a whole loaf of it topped with a gallon of vanilla ice cream! :)
    i'm sending tranquil vibes to baby bear for the movies...i hope you three have a wonderful time this weekend. <3<3<3
    hope your friday is a great one!
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this weird thing that I hate bananas, but love banana bread (weird, I know), and this recipe looks delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks good! I always make banana bread when I have 3 bananas that are ripe. I let them sit so that they will be easy to mash but then my husband will eat one. Then I think, 'What am I supposed to do with only 2 bananas!!?"

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!