BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Snickers Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

 
 
Do you love easy recipes? How about easy recipes that make you look like a professional baker who slaved in the kitchen for hours over the perfect, delectable dessert? If the answer's yes then this, my friends, is the recipe you've been looking for. Five minutes after walking into your kitchen, you'll be placing a crowd-pleasing cheesecake in the oven. In-laws coming to visit? Whip this bad boy up and they'll love you forever, plus come back to visit regularly. That's exactly what you want, right?
 
Back in college, my friends and I had a go-to cheesecake recipe that we whipped up from time to time when we wanted an easy, filling dessert. I'm not sure where the recipe came from, probably the Betty Crocker cookbook (ol' Betty always comes through). I decided to throw in Snickers because Z and I are obsessed with Adam's Peanut Butter Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, and chocolate chips just deserve an appearance in any recipe. Period. The Snickers definitely make this recipe; the caramelly, milk chocolate mixed with the soft, creamy cheesecake will leave you eating out of the pan (don't ask how I know that...).
 
Super easy, super delicious. Zach just cried a little when I told him Bear ate the last slice. You know you have a problem when you blame it on the baby.
 
Enjoy!
 
 

You'll need:
-3 (8 oz.) pkg. brick cream cheese, softened
-3/4 cup sugar
-1 tsp. vanilla
-3 eggs
-1 pie crust (I used a Keebler Chocolate Ready Crust)
-6 fun-size Snickers bars (or 3 regular-size)
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Chop Snickers up into bite size pieces. Gently stir Snickers and 3/4 cup chocolate chips into cream cheese mixture. Pour into pie crust; sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake 45 min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.

 
Happy baking, friends!
 
 

14 comments:

  1. No way.... YUM! This sounds incredible! I'm definitely giving it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. G just said, "Holy balls that sounds good!" Hahah and I agree, this does sound delicious! I have never made a cheesecake, I might try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious!! I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have never made a cheesecake. I might just have to try this recipe. The pictures are fabulous. I probably gained weight just looking at them!!! I have been missing in action but have just started blogging again. If you visit my blog you will see why!!! Bear has just grown so much...must be all the love he is getting. Wish we had Texas weather, another 4 inches of snow today. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps: you know if you ever wrote a dessert cook book (if you haven't already) you'd make a killing. just a idea lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks amaaaazing!
    in amm honesty baking kinda scares me but i really wanna try this! also because im a huge fan of snickers and cheesecakes. now if only i can find a way to add twix :)

    -marsa
    The DayLee Journal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!! You mention Adam's PB cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory and now I want a slice of their Dulce de Leche!! Omygosh, I used to get it whenever I went...and it only has something like 900+ calories hahaha!! This looks amazing. It's funny you mention eating out of the pan...the other day, I did the same thing with brownies...they hadn't cooled off enough and a bunch broke into pieces...couldn't let them go to waste.
    Zach is SO lucky to have you (for many reasons)...you are always making something sweet!
    Wait until Bear really can't taste your baking...you'll be making double the recipes! :)
    I hope you had a fabulous weekend and a relaxing night, Brittany! Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg!! This looks incredible!! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum yum yum - that sounds delicious! Cannot wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my gosh.. I will be trying these within the next few days haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, you currently have me drooling. Holy crap that looks so good!! Cute blog. I should probably stop stalking now. LOL

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!