BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Sunday, July 1, 2012

20 Weeks

Hello, friends! It's hard to believe another week has come and gone and we're in the twenty+ weeks of pregnancy....crazy! When I read that Tiny is the size of a banana now it blew my mind; he is growing so quickly. Zach says he must be a "chiquita mini" because there's no way he's the size of a regular banana. In two weeks we'll have the big anatomy scan where they do an ultrasound and get all his measurements so I guess we'll see then! Hopefully he proves Daddy wrong :).

To our sweet Baby Boy:
You are such a little stinker! You kick and dance around all the time, being a little ham and trying to get our attention. It works...and we love it. We've pretty much finished your "ducky" bathroom and can't wait to give you baths every night to get you smelling all kinds of baby-sweet. Daddy is playing video games (NCAA to be exact) as I type this; he says he can't wait until you're big enough that y'all can play together. I, however, can wait :). A two, maybe three year old boy and his parents sat by us in church today and I couldn't help but watch him and wonder what you'll be like...I said a little prayer that you'll be as well-behaved as he was. We are more anxious every day to meet your itty bitty self and shower you with ridiculous amounts of love and kisses. Thank you for already bringing endless joy into our lives.
How Far Along: 20 weeks
Baby Size: 10 inches long, 10 1/2 ounces
Total Weight Gain: 4-5 lbs.
Maternity Clothes? They aren't really necessary, but wearing some just for comfort. The great thing about this time of year is being able to wear dresses that hang loosely and don't pinch at my belly.
Stretch Marks? Nope, but the belly is deeeeeefinitely stretching
Sleep: Like a champ! Naps aren't as frequent anymore, but I can easily sleep 10-12 hours a night.
Best moment this week: Celebrating our first anniversary on Monday and spending time with my sweet mother-in-law & sister-in-law in College Station.
Miss Anything? Not really, except having normal feelings about chicken. Sounds silly, I know. I crave Chinese quite a bit these days, but as I'm eating my orange chicken I suddenly become worried that it's orange cat or some other mystery species. Totally ruins it for me! I can't prepare chicken at home right now either; tendons completely gross me out and the slimy texture makes me lose my appetite. It's all very unfortunate because I'm typically a chicken lover. I do however still love me a Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich.
Movement: Oh yes, makes my day. Every time I sit still, my belly is flooded with tiny kicks and punches.
Food Cravings: Chinese, sweet tea, Freebirds burritos/queso, sweet potato fries
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing but the chicken situation....and I did have a relapse with morning sickness on Saturday but felt fine after that.
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Not yet
Belly button in or out? Still normal
Wedding rings on or off? On & loose
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy happy happy
Looking forward to: The 4th of July...it's one of my favorite holidays. Fireworks, BBQ, celebrating freedom and our great country...what's not to love?!


Thank you for keeping up with our "bump news" and leaving so many thoughtful, encouraging comments. You guys are the best!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I think I would just cry if I couldn't handle chicken, or eat it. We cook with it at least 3-4 times a weeks. Yikes you poor thing!!!! Hope yall have a fabulous 4th of July, I'm excited to spend it with the hubbs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute dress! And I so enjoy reading your baby updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken grosses me out too Brit! It just looks so disgusting uncooked, but tastes so unbelievably un-disgusting in a Chic Fil A sandwich! You look adorable, I can tell that Tiny is growing : ). Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute, as always!! my sister had the same thing with chicken when she was pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think little boy will be so well behaved! I want him to come now just so I can see him and I barely know you guys! I can't wait to see his cute little face! Glad all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 20 weeks!! Ahhh, that cute dress you found looks adorable on you!! And it looks super comfortable and breathable for the hot summer!
    It is so exciting...you're halfway there, Brittany!
    It has been so fun to follow along on your journey!
    I hope that you're having a great week and that you and Zach enjoy a wonderful fourth tomorrow! I bet you're making some amazing treats! :)
    Have a sweet one, pretty lady!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!